Univenture Green Initiavies
Univenture firmly believes in the conservation of both ecological and economic resources. For over 20 years, Univenture has sustained an environmentally conscious reputation beginning with our patented and award-winning Safety-sleeve® product. This unique sleeve design offers superior disc protection, manufactured of 100% recyclable polypropylene, as well as significant material and weight reduction. Standard Safety-sleeve® products have the exact height and width dimensions of a hard plastic jewel box, but the Safety-sleeve® thin profile uses less than 1/4 of the space of a jewel box.
Univenture’s EcoEndure™ environmentally responsible products allow us to offer many of our standard products manufactured from a variety of eco-friendly materials, including biodegradable polypropylene, PLA (polylactic acid) film that is made from plants, and products made from up to 85% recycled polypropylene. Our EnvyPak™ product line provides environmentally sound choices for marketers, designers and the direct mail industry.
The Univenture U-1000 system was designed to offer a totally automated and flexible solution to an unlimited range of disc packaging requirements with the capability and reliability to meet high and growing production demands. It also requires less raw material since the profile of all finished sleeves has a uniform 5” height and the rolls of polypropylene are all provided to cut to size, leaving no trim waste.
Aside from our eco-friendly products, Univenture incorporates green initiatives into many aspects of our manufacturing and disposal methods, including:
- The lighting in our warehouse is on motion sensors so they are only on when someone is in that area, providing a 20% reduction in electricity usage.
- We use municipal water instead of ethylene glycol in our mold chilling system reducing the number of chemicals into the waste stream.
- We reuse newsprint and chipboard, boxes for an in-house product, and plastic bags from raw material rolls as office trash can liners.
- The skid corner board from all goods received is reused on outgoing shipments.
- We reuse skids from incoming materials and customer supplied product.
- We utilize plastic gaylords for molding raw material pellets – these are reused instead of using cardboard gaylords.
In an effort to put less impact on the environment, we recycled 40,000 lbs. of otherwise unusable polypropylene, vinyl, and cardboard materials in the last year.
Our Operations team recycles:
- End of life UniKeep Binders & Wallets received from customers
- Unusable cardboard
- Polypropylene film scrap and all trim material
- Aluminum, steel, and brass
All Univenture Associates recycle:
- Pop bottles
- Unwanted mail
We hope you will carry on Univenture’s green efforts when you are finished enjoying our eco-friendly products.